Rock Farm Slane Electric Bike Tours presents
Boyne Valley Food Series – Special Offer
Slane Food Circle 25km Menu – Food Tour by Electric Bike
Monday 2nd June 2014
Rock Farm Slane is an ecotourism provider that specialises in walking and bike tours of the Slane Castle estate and the wider Boyne Valley.
We also have a Boutique Eco Camp with 7 Yurts and Shepherds Huts which sleep up to 28 people sharing.
This is the first season of Slane Food Circle electric bike tours making use of these brilliant Pedelec (pedal-assisted) bikes to transport cyclists and non-cyclists alike around a beautiful undiscovered part of the Boyne Valley beyond Slane in the valleys of the Rathkenny Ridges
Slane Food Circle Electric Bike Tour
This tour is based on a one-day 25km food tour by electric bicycle through the Boyne Valley taking in the following destinations. The tour will be hosted by Carina Mount Charles organic farmer and ecotourism guide.
- Rock Farm Slane
The tour will begin at Rock Farm Slane at with tea/coffee, and a platter of goodies from our clay oven, served from 9.30am at the Strawbale Farm Office.
Tour Length: 1 hour including tea and coffee
- Cycle to Shalvanstown Organic Farm
A Slane Food Circle lunch to be served at Shalvanstown upon
arrival. Tour Length: 1 hour including walk to Fox’s Cottage
- Cycle to Mullagha Farm – Boyne Valley Blue Cheese.
The tour will be conducted by the awarding winning cheese producer Michael Finegan who will introduce us to his herd of goats and explain to us his method of cheese making.
1 ½ hour including lunch (Slane Food Circle cold meat and cheese platter with organic salads)
- Cycle to Des Crinion, Organic Farm
We will visit Des’s animals including sheep, chickens, polytunnels and learn about the many organic farm enterprises Des has been involved with.
Tour: 1 hour tour inc pudding stop for Des’s organic ice-cream
- Cycle to The Cider Mill, Cockagee Cider
The tour will end with a visit to The Cider Mill to meet Mark
Jenkinson and learn about the long lost Irish Cider “cac a gheidh”. Tour Length: 1 hour tour including cider tasting
- Departure 5:30pm Cycle back to Rock Farm Slane.
- 1 day Guided Tour + Ebike Hire + lunch + tasting + refreshments€65 per person (inc VAT)
- When: Monday 02nd June 2014 9.30am – 6pm
FOR INDEPTH INFORMATION ON THIS TOUR PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE PDF HERE >>
Maximum party size: 15
Electric bikes available: 10 electric bikes.
* More electric bikes are available. However places will be allocated on a first-come-first served basis and Rock Farm Slane will need plenty of notice to offer additional electric bikes.
* Please enquire for price (email@example.com) if you’d like to bring your own bike or hire a hybrid non-electric bike for the tour.
Further discounts are available on overnight accommodation at Rock Farm’s boutique campsite www.rockfarmslane.ie/boutique-camping.