Amazing Eco Friendly Events, Workshops and Fun at Crann Og Eco Farm
Check out the variety of events coming up this Spring and Summer at the fabulous Crann Og Eco Farm!
- Juice Cleanse & Yoga Retreats March 10 13; April 7 10; May 5 8
- Living Willow Weekends Feb 20 21; Feb 27 28
- Go Wild Food Foraging March 19; May 14
- Nature Schooling Ireland March 5; April 2; April 30; May 28
- Sangha Mindfulness Days Feb 7; March 6; April 3; May 1
- Juice Cleanse & Yoga Retreat June 23 26
- Nature Schooling Ireland July 2; August 6
- Sangha Mindfulness Days June 5; July 3; August 7
- DIY Wind Turbine Workshop Sept 16 18; Sept 22 25 Natural Building Workshops Oct 6 9; Oct 13 16
- Juice Cleanse & Yoga Retreats Oct 27 30; Nov 10 13; Nov 24 27
- Go Wild Food Foraging Sept 10 & 11; Oct 22
- Nature Schooling Ireland Sept 3; Oct 1; Nov 5
- Sangha Mindfulness Days Sept 4; Oct 2; Nov 6, Dec 3
- New Year’s Juice Cleanse & Yoga Retreat December 29 January 4
Opportunity to become a Forest School Leader
The guys at Crann Og are running a Forest School Leadership Programme (Level 3 Qualification) Equipping you to be a Forest School Leader.
Forest Schools are based on outdoor nature schools in Denmark, where children play and learn outdoors. When children learn outdoors they develop in lots of ways simultaneously and the learning they do is very secure. Minds, bodies and hearts are all exercised at once. These principles work equally well with adults too.
Accredited by the Open College Network and recognised by the Forest School Trainers Network it is considered essential for those wishing to lead Forest School.
On successful completion of the course, students will be awarded: OCN Forest School Programme Leadership Qualification
The course is appropriate for anyone 21 or over with at least
Level 2 in youth work, childcare or teaching or at least 2 years’ experience working with children. You will need to hold a current Garda Vetting and to hold or acquire a 16 hour outdoor paediatric first aid certificate.
The training runs over 8 days and includes and at least 110 hours of self-study over approximately 9 months.
View Forest Schools Programme 2015 Here >>
In this time you will…
- plan and deliver a six week Forest School programme with a group of children that includes practical activities based on reflective assessment
- complete a practical workbook supporting the delivery and development of Forest School
- create other materials demonstrating your understanding of both learning theory and woodland environments
Spring Training 2015:
Crann Og,Derrymore, Drummin,Gort, Co. Galway, Ireland
March 30, 31 April 1,2, July 9,10,11,12 inclusive
Cost: €900.00 + first aid training if necessary
More information on Forest Schools can be found at huathe.co.uk/ForestSchool.php