Well done to all those Shortlisted, see you Wednesday – Roz
2015 Irish Responsible Tourism Awards Shortlist
The award winners will be announced at the 2015 Irish Responsible Tourism Awards on Wednesday 11th March 2015 at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Golden Lane, Dublin 8.
The award categories and the shortlisted businesses are:
- Best Tour Operator for Responsible Tourism: Connemara Wild Escapes (Co. Galway), Cycle Inishowen (Co. Donegal), Whale Watch West Cork (Co. Cork)
- Best Small Hotel or Accommodation for Responsible Tourism: Hotel Doolin (Co. Clare), Pure Camping (Co. Clare), Ard Nahoo Eco Retreat (Co. Leitrim), Tory Bush Cottages (Co. Down)
- Best Transport Initiative for Responsible Tourism: An Taisce Green Schools Travel and Burren & Cliffs of Moher Geopark Partnership (Co. Clare), Cycle Inishowen (Co. Donegal), Rock Farm Slane (Co. Meath)
- Best in a Marine or Coastal Environment: Dolphin Watch (Co. Clare), Blasket Islands Eco Marine Tours (Co. Kerry) and Tralee Bay Wetlands (Co. Kerry)
- Best Destination for Responsible Tourism: Loop Head (Co. Clare), Burren Geopark (Co. Clare), Sheep’s Head (Co. Cork), Mulranny (Co. Mayo
- Best Cultural Heritage Attraction: Brú na Bóinne Visitor Centre (Co. Meath), Mizen Head Signal Station & Visitor Centre (Co. Cork), Cnoc Suain (Co. Galway
- Best Local Food Initiative: Archways B&B (Co. Wexford), Burren Smokehouse Ltd (Co. Clare), Orchard Acre Farm (Co. Fermanagh)
- Best Adventure Activity Provider for Responsible Tourism: Atlantic Sea Kayaking and Wild Atlantic Walks (Co. Cork), Life Adventure Centre (Co. Down), Boyne Valley Activities (Co. Meath)
The conference will run from 9.15am to 6pm with the 2015 Irish Responsible Tourism Awards taking place from 7-8.30pm following a drinks reception – stay for as little or as long as you like. If you can’t make the evening we will have details of the winners on our website after the event.
This full-day conference will offer insightful perspectives into ways we can achieve change in destinations, communities, businesses, visitors and consumers through a responsible tourism approach – including creating competitive marketing advantage, contributing to conservation, destination development, enhancing communities and more.