Quick and Easy To Make Recipes
This is a very simple to make dinner that feeds 4.
Best prepared 24 hours in advance for taste but even prepping an hour or two beforehand will make a difference:
Jerk Chicken Recipe
Boneless chicken thighs although I often use chicken fillets.
- 1 large chilli, ( usually I add 2 small birds eye chilli’s)
- 1 red onion,
- a bunch of fresh coriander,
- inch of fresh ginger,
- 1 teaspoon of ground allspice,
- a grating of nutmeg,
- half teaspoon of crushed cloves,
- half teaspoon of ground cinnamon,
- juice 1 lime,
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce,
- 1 tablespoon of groundnut oil (or other flavourless oil),
- 1 tablespoon of honey, salt and pepper.
Put all the above ingredients for sauce together in a food processor and whizz until smooth.
Place chicken in ovenproof dish or tin and pour sauce over it.
Get another lime and cut it into wedges, place on top of chicken and place in oven (around 180-190 degrees celius)
Cook for around 25-30mins until chicken cooked.
The sauce should have thickened around meat. If it is still runny put back in oven for another 5-10 mins until thickened.
Serve with Rice and Naan bread and garnish with coriander